Based upon the great commission (Matt 28:19-20) our vision as a church is to win people to Christ, grow them up spiritually in the knowledge and understanding of God’s Word so that they can become active well balanced ministers for Christ (John 15:15-16a). We simply call it reaching, raising and releasing.
The steps and process that have proven to be the most successful for us in bringing a person to an active level of spiritual maturity and balance has been:
- Discipleship 1 - a one on one mentoring relationship
- Discipleship 2 - a class setting that helps believers put their bible together historically, doctrinally and inspirationally
- Small Group Sunday School – where members get connected and are organized to help us fulfill our vision.
- Corporate Praise & Worship – a weekly service for members and guests to praise and worship the Lord and to be taught the Word of God.
The end result is a well balanced believer who actively serves the Lord in six areas:
- Evangelism - they share their faith with others…Acts 1:8
- Praise and worship - they exalt God personally and corporately…Psalms 100
- Discipleship - they help others grow spiritually…2 Tim 2:2
- Fellowship - they are connected with other believers socially…John 15:12-13
- Prayer - they seek the face of the Lord consistently…Eph 6:18
- Ministry service - they use their talents and spiritual gifts to serve Christ's body…1 Cor 12